 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3268
Re: Upgrade RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 18:07:27 GMT

Rand Krakora wrote:
Has anyone ever tried to upgrade the memory in the RCX? ( External RAM that
is ).

What about upgrade the CPU to 60kbyte PROM version? No need to use expanded
mode, then a ton of I/O would be available...

Anyone thought about building a RCX replacement ( besides JCX ) that would
fit into the existing RCX package? Something with flash?

Would lejos welcome this? Or would it be too much effort to port to another
CPU?

Any kind of an open source hardware project like this available?

take a look at Robobricks
   http://www.gramlich.net/projects/robobricks/

I'm also playing around with such an idea, but smaller (most devices
should fit in a 2*4 brick) and faster (115 kBaud bus). My first notes
can be seen here
   http://oase.uci.kun.nl/~mientki/PIC/Pic_frame.htm

best regards,
Stef Mientki