 Robotics / RCX / Java / 245
  Upgrade RCX?

Has anyone ever tried to upgrade the memory in the RCX? ( External RAM that is ). What about upgrade the CPU to 60kbyte PROM version? No need to use expanded mode, then a ton of I/O would be available... Anyone thought about building a RCX (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Upgrade RCX?

(...) take a look at Robobricks (URL) also playing around with such an idea, but smaller (most devices should fit in a 2*4 brick) and faster (115 kBaud bus). My first notes can be seen here (URL) regards, Stef Mientki (...) (21 years ago, 6-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: Upgrade RCX?

(...) Hi Rand, I have started an hardware replacement for the RCX. Its based on an 16bit µController, an Infineon (Siemens) C164 with 128kb flash, 128kbSRAM and 64kb EEPROM. The controller plus the all memory is on a module from Phytec "Dipmodule (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  R: Upgrade RCX?

I'm using Lego MindStorms for didactical laboratory at Politecnico di Torino. I'm interested in your project. I have two questions: Would it be difficult to reproduce in multiple copies your board? How do you solve the problem of porting the (...) (21 years ago, 17-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: R: Upgrade RCX?

Hi, the board is still under development, do far I dont have any PCB layout. All is done on a prototype board and not all comonents tested yet. A simple port of BrickOS is also not possible, because of the complete different structure of the µC. I (...) (21 years ago, 21-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)