 Robotics / RCX / Java / 245
244  |  246
Subject:
Upgrade RCX?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 07:17:28 GMT

Has anyone ever tried to upgrade the memory in the RCX? ( External RAM that
is ).

What about upgrade the CPU to 60kbyte PROM version? No need to use expanded
mode, then a ton of I/O would be available...

Anyone thought about building a RCX replacement ( besides JCX ) that would
fit into the existing RCX package? Something with flash?

Would lejos welcome this? Or would it be too much effort to port to another
CPU?

Any kind of an open source hardware project like this available?

Thanks,
Rand