 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3138
Re: LNP problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 04:10:59 GMT

On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 12:03, Andrew Tait wrote:
Hi everyone,

I have to say I have found these messages very interesting, and was wanting
to use lnp myself but i do not know where to write and make my programs. And
I would also like to find out more about how you write the pc code and the
rcx code below, and how this works and where it goes?

I have a good understanding of programming, it's just this is a very new
area to me, and is truly very interesting,

I don't know anything about Windows, but I started using LNP on Linux
with good results lately. It really isn't that hard once you get your
first programm running ... :)

I wrote a little remote-control/monitor app based on LNP. While for
Gnome (Linux), the LNP stuff is very general and may give you a point to
start. You find the project at http://brickrc.sourceforge.net Or just
look at the source in the CVS browser at
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/brickrc/brickRC/ . Of
interest for you will be src/rcx.[ch] and rcx/remote.c. The first file
handles sending/receiving messages on the PC side. There is nothing
Linux or gnome specific in this file at all, you should be able to use
it as is in your own project. The other file is the RCX application
sending sensor state and controlling the output ports.

Let me know if you have any questions about this code, I'm happy to
help.

BB