 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 3137
Re: (no subject)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 02:16:27 GMT

Andrew Tait wrote:

Hi there,

Was just wanting some help getting the simple.c program working that comes
in the extreme mindstorms book. The problem is that when I type make
simple.lx I get warnings and errors back like this:

/usr/local/bin/h8300-hms-gcc -02 -fno-builtin -fomit-frame-pointer -Wall
-Iinclude -Iinclude -I. -I../boot -c simple.c -o simple.o
simple.c:5:3: warning: no newline at end of file
simple.c:5:6: warning: embedded null characters ignored
simple.c:5: parse error before character 032
make: *** [simple.o] Error 1

could someone let me know what the problem is?

Any help would be great

thanks

Andrew
The first error can be dealt with by adding a blank line at the end of the
file. The others are harder.
What version of gcc are you using? What editor did you use to type it in?
For those of us without the book, what is the text of the program?
--
"I love deadlines. I especially love the whooshing sound they make as
        they go by."