 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 2005
Re: RIS2.0/legOS/linux and win98
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Sat, 25 Aug 2001 17:13:37 GMT

"Michael W. Collins" <MCollins@iodevelopment.com> writes:

I have the same question! I've been driving myself crazy for the last few
days trying to find some information on the subject. I sent an e-mail to
Markus Noga, the author of LegOS and he said it doesn't support USB, only
serial. I cant even seem to find any good resources on how to program USB on
win32.

There are some japanese guys that did USB support for NQC under windows,
it's rather simple (essentially open a device with a particular name).
Under Linux it is just not clear how easy it is until somebody tries.

I think lego is phasing out the serial tower - I don't see them in stores
any more.

Here (France & Germany) there are still only RIS 1.5s in the shops.

I hope someone can help us USB folks out!

In the worst case you can always try to swap towers with somebody
who has a surplus serial tower.

Jürgen

--
Jürgen Stuber <stuber@loria.fr>