 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 1202
  Re: LegOS on LinuxPPC

In article (...) I have had better luck with egcs-1.1.2 rather than gcc 2.95.2. I've heard that there's a problem with the way gcc 2.95.2 generates code for memcpy. I've also heard that the fix is to use an assembly version of memcpy instead of (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS on LinuxPPC

(...) Ah, excellent. I saw this post when you posted it, but didn't think about it much at the time. I'll give this a shot and report back. Thanks very much. -- "Do not go gentle into that good night. Rage, rage against the dying of the light." - (...) (24 years ago, 11-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  Re: LegOS on LinuxPPC

(...) The problem is due to a bug in gcc 2.95. The assembly version of memcpy fixes the LegOS kernel, but all your user programs are subject to the same bug. Until it's fixed in gcc, you're stuck with egcs. Regards ROSCO (24 years ago, 12-Jul-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)