 Robotics / RCX / Java / *381 (-5)
Re: Problem with LDT plugin
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2006 15:58:36 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Erik Amzallag wrote:
   Hi,

I’m starting with lejos and I try to use the plugin LDT 1.2.0 for Eclipse 3.0 with Windows XP. When I try to run (Run As > leJOS), I get the message :

snip

My classpath, path, lejos_home and RCXTTY are ok, commands like lejosjc, lejoslink and lejosdl work fine.

With Eclipse, I get the item leJOS > Install Firmware (which works), I can create leJOS RCX project, but I don’t succeed to run my program :(

I’ve surely missed something, and I find nothing about that.

If you can help me, it will be great :)

It seems that some people meet the same problem, so the answer :

You must set in your project properties your “Default output folder” as yourProject/bin ( yourProject is the name of your project ;) )

Erik “brickerik” Amzallag

Re: lejos help please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Sat, 8 Jul 2006 00:40:03 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Muhammad Arif Abdul Rahman wrote:

I tried to follow the tutorial as close as I can, but I might have made some
mistakes. I did set up the classpath, but I guess there are some mistakes there.
Is there any way I can check what is in the classpath? Or shall I just redo the
setup?

Well, now that I look over the instructions on leJOS, I see that they don't say
to set classpath.  I think I always have, however.  I haven't installed it on my
newish laptop, though, so I can't check.

Does someone with more experience want to field this one?

I guess there's no harm in trying to add it.  Just to see if this works, you
could type it into the command line before trying to compile.  It goes something
like
SET CLASSPATH=%CLASSPATH%;.;c:\lejos\classes\

and then try running lejosc to compile your program.  See notes below for what
it's doing, but make sure that c:\lejos\classes\ points to the classes folder
installed as part of lejos.  If you put it someplace other than c:\lejos, you'll
need to modify this.

If it works, once you close the command prompt window, you'll need to do it
again in the next one.  I keep a batch file of these things, so I can set
several things at once without having to remember them.

If this works and you want to set it for your system, depending on your version
of Windows:
*Go to Control Panel
*Choose System
*Click the Advanced tab
*Click the Environment Variables tab
*Look for CLASSPATH--the Java installation probably added one.  If so, you can
click the EDIT button and change it; if not, you can click the NEW button and
add an environment variable named CLASSPATH.
*If you already have a classpath, add ;.;C:\lejos\classes\

The first semicolon is to separate . from the preceding entry;  . is the
directory you're in when you compile [if it's already in there, you don't need
to re-add it], and c:\lejos\classes\ is the path to the classes folder installed
with leJOS--modify as necessary to reflect your setup.  You should already have
the path for the Java install in your classpath--if you don't, I think you would
have gotten more errors than you actually did.

Let me know if this works.

Peter

Re: lejos help please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 08:47:56 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Peter F. Guenther wrote:
In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Muhammad Arif Abdul Rahman wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying lejos for the first time, but i cant get it working. i followed the
tutorial on the lejos homepage.
when i tried to compile motion.java, 9 errors come up with the first one saying
that package josx.vision does not exist. this is what i got:

Motion.java:1: package josx.vision does not exist

My lejos book is at school, but my first question would be, have you set up your
classpath correctly?  If josx.vision is a real thing, you shouldn't get that
first error.

Peter

Hi Peter,
I tried to follow the tutorial as close as I can, but I might have made some
mistakes. I did set up the classpath, but I guess there are some mistakes there.
Is there any way I can check what is in the classpath? Or shall I just redo the
setup?
Thanks

Arif

Re: lejos help please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2006 03:05:29 GMT

In lugnet.robotics.rcx.java, Muhammad Arif Abdul Rahman wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying lejos for the first time, but i cant get it working. i followed the
tutorial on the lejos homepage.
when i tried to compile motion.java, 9 errors come up with the first one saying
that package josx.vision does not exist. this is what i got:

Motion.java:1: package josx.vision does not exist

My lejos book is at school, but my first question would be, have you set up your
classpath correctly?  If josx.vision is a real thing, you shouldn't get that
first error.

Peter

Subject:
lejos help please
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.java
Date:
Wed, 5 Jul 2006 23:25:36 GMT

Hi all,

I'm trying lejos for the first time, but i cant get it working. i followed the
tutorial on the lejos homepage.
when i tried to compile motion.java, 9 errors come up with the first one saying
that package josx.vision does not exist. this is what i got:

Motion.java:1: package josx.vision does not exist
import josx.vision.*;
^

Motion.java:3: cannot resolve symbol
symbol : class MotionListener
location : class Motion
public class Motion implements MotionListener {
                               ^
... and another 7 cannot resolve symbol errors similar to the second one.

can anybody points out why this is happening? is there anything i missed out
while installing the whole thing? or is it the arrangement of the files in my
lejos folder?

please help if you know the solution.
thanks.

arif