 Robotics / RCX / 1352
    Non Robot uses of the RCX —Frank Caggiano
   Hello, Over in k12.ed.science a poster wanted to perform an experiment where he would time how long it took various objects to fall when dropped inside a long tube. He was looking for information regarding timing circuits, how to build one, where to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Non Robot uses of the RCX —Jerry Kalpin
     (...) snip... (...) ...snip Frank, ROBOLAB provides some great datalogging possibilities, complete with calculation and charting capability. But then, you have to buy the sensors, offered through Pitsco LEGO Dacta and elsewhere. For example, with (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Non Robot uses of the RCX —Ben Erwin
     I calculated the acceleration of gravity once with a light sensor, touch sensor (for timing purposes), a ruler, and ROBOLAB 2. It didn't involve a whole lot of data so it didn't make it into the Sample Projects of ROBOLAB Investigator, but some (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Non Robot uses of the RCX —Andi Scharfstein
     Hi, I just remembered that just pressing the "respond" button doesn't work with this list, because you also have to change the address, so sorry Frank, you read the following already... OK, now for the message: I used it to generate a Minimum (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Non Robot uses of the RCX —Peter Vogel
   My daughter's science fair project last year used an RCX and 3 light sensors to time a LEGO sled sliding down a metal ramp with a LEGO light on the opposite side of the ramp from each light sensor, she had a primitive break-beam sensor. She used the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

        Re: Non Robot uses of the RCX —Frank Caggiano
   Hello, Sounds like it was an interesting project. Could you tell me what grade was your daughter in and did she use the standard RCX/Lego Software or something else? thanks (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

    "Frank Caggiano" <caggiano@crystal-objects.com> wrote in message news:3B90E72C.520834...cts.com... (...) She was in 4th grade, she used ROBOLAB and the datalogging capabilities, but we moved the raw data to excel for analysis, though it could have (...) (23 years ago, 11-Nov-01, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)