 Robotics / RCX / 1352
1351  |  1353
Subject:
Non Robot uses of the RCX
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx
Date:
Sun, 19 Aug 2001 22:51:17 GMT

Hello,

Over in k12.ed.science a poster wanted to perform an experiment where he
would time how long it took various objects to fall when dropped inside
a long tube. He was looking for information regarding timing circuits,
how to build one, where to get the parts, how to read the time values,
etc.  It's an experiment I've thought of doing myself using the RCX to
do the timing. I recommended he look into getting a Mindstorms kit and
using the RCX. As an added bonus once he done with the experiment he
still has the RCX and Mindstorms.

Lately I've been looking at non-robotic uses of the RCX. One experiment
we did over the summer was  timing a persons reflexes. We connected a
pushbutton to the RCX, programed the RCX to play a tone after a random
delay and then  recorded the time it took for a person holding the
button to press it.  The kids had a great time with that one trying to
beat each other. It might even lead to a science fair project.

Anyway I was wondering how many of you are using the RCX in this way?
While robots are great both for fun and learning the RCX presents a
great many other possibilities.
So what else is the RCX being used for?

regards

--
Frank Caggiano "The best education for the best
caggiano@crystal-objects.com is the best education for all."

Logo Users Ring
http://www.crystal-objects.com/logo/logoring.html