 Robotics / 27657
Re: NXT sound sensor characteristics
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.boats
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 2009 14:44:26 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Claude Baumann wrote:

...I'd love to, but don't have the signal generator right
now. I'm very tempted to get something like this:

http://www.pasco.com/featured-products/xplorer-glx/index.cfm

B.t.w. Vernier also has a remarkable device:

http://www.vernier.com/labquest/

I've looked at that, but honestly got interested in the Pasco product first just
due to who's catalog arrived at my house first. They look almost identical in
functionality except the LabQuest has a stylus and more memory, while the
XplorerGLX has I2C sensors (or seomthing like them; it seems they transmit
digital information back the main unit, while the Vernier sensors are analog and
AtoD is done on the main unit). Is that correct? Do you use a LabQuest and do
you have any more information, reviews, comments etc about it? It's not like
this is a product reviewed by Consumers Reports or something, so I'm finding it
hard to get 1st-hand knowledge.

--
Brian Davis