 Robotics / 27635
27634  |  27636
Subject:
BricxCC & NBC/NXC collaboration
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.robotics.nxt
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 2009 22:22:17 GMT

I finally got around to uploading all the BricxCC and NBC/NXC source code to an
SVN repository on the BricxCC project page on sourceforge.net. Now all my code
changes are done via my local checkout from that repository and changes are
checked in as I fix bugs and add feature enhancements. Anyone who is interested
and has FreePascal/Lazarus for their favorite platform can get a copy of the
source code from this repository and build the NBC compiler on their own if they
so desire. BricxCC and other GUI-based utilities included in the repository
cannot currently be built using FreePascal/Lazarus but I am working toward that
end so that without a lot of fiddling just about anyone will be able to get
BricxCC source and build a functional IDE or compiler.

http://bricxcc.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/bricxcc

Included in the SVN repository are Delphi language DLL projects for various
languages, including Spanish, French, German, English, and Russian. If anyone
wants to help translate the IDE and the compiler into non-English languages
please contact me via email.

If you would like to collaborate on NBC/NXC improvements or BricxCC improvements
please send me an email as well. I can help you get a sourceforge account and
add you to the project with read/write privileges to the SVN repository so that
you'll be able to check in changes as well.

To build BricxCC from the SVN source code you will currently need a copy of
Delphi 7 with the SynEdit components installed from my modified SynEdit source
code. This package is available from http://bricxcc.sourceforge.net/synedit.zip.

Other non-standard components used within BricxCC are now created at run-time so
that no additional components need to be installed in the Delphi component
palette before opening the project. On a windows platform you can use
tortoiseSVN to manage the process of getting source code updates from the
repository and, if you have write access, committing changes to the repository.

John Hansen