 Robotics / 26830
Re: Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 5 Feb 2007 06:05:17 GMT

Bernard Catt wrote:
Hi Chris,

Have you tried placing one eye piece of a toy binocular in front of the
RCX IR port but make sure you turn it around, big lens facing RCX -
little lens facing target? This is a trick I used to do to make an IR
remote change the channel of my neibours TV (50m away).

You can even use an NXT with a www.mindsensors.com sensor which works in
RoboLab to communicate NXT-RCX via IR
http://www.legoengineering.com/content/view/67/128/

Regards,

Bernard

Cross-posting this to lugnet.

Excellent idea, except I don't actually know which brick you're talking
about. Picture/order code anyone?  If you're talking about those things
that go over the lego lights and make them stupidly intense, I could
reverse that.  Hmm.

BTW - It now has its own website http://cjsoftuk.dyndns.org/LTOAB/

The code is out of date though!  Will update soon.

Chris