 Robotics / 26823
    Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part! —Chris Malton
   Now, before you all laugh about this, I'm actually very serious. I don't know how many of you have ever played Laser Tag before, but basically you have a laser enabled gun that fires infrared light at other people. Completely harmless. How I got (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part! —Brian Davis
   (...) Why? If you need to send an IR message from the RCX, there's a command for that in NQC (SendMessage, IMS). (...) How directed is the pulse? "Laser tag", "flashlight tag", and "broad-beamed searchlight tag" are very different games, and I'm not (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part! —Chris Malton
   (...) The software I wrote is for the controlling PC. It uses SendMessage from the RCX, but the PC software is needed to interpret the messages from the RCX. The PC has to act as a base station! The PC can then generate scores etc. using a somewhat (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part! —Chris Malton
   (...) I now have one high power TX brick, which works very well now that I've fitted it with a not quite central muzzle. This means that IR can still get in and out (somewhat), but it is very concentrated IR! Long range + Muzzle works accurately (...) (17 years ago, 4-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part! —Chris Malton
   (...) Cross-posting this to lugnet. Excellent idea, except I don't actually know which brick you're talking about. Picture/order code anyone? If you're talking about those things that go over the lego lights and make them stupidly intense, I could (...) (17 years ago, 5-Feb-07, to lugnet.robotics)