 Robotics / 26823

Subject:
Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 4 Feb 2007 16:16:38 GMT

Now, before you all laugh about this, I'm actually very serious.

I don't know how many of you have ever played Laser Tag before, but
basically you have a laser enabled gun that fires infrared light at
other people.  Completely harmless.

How I got from that to the Mindstorms RCX, I'll never know.  However,
what I can tell you is that I have written (in NQC) a program to emulate
the laser tag system, using purely LEGO RCX "intelligent" bricks.  It
depends on some software I have written to be usable (unless you use the
Messages window in BricxCC or the NQC command line).  This will all be
available under the GNU GPL shortly.

What does anyone think of the idea (other than mad)?

Chris

Re: Laser Tag on a Brick - Laser Tag with an RCX as the main part!