 Robotics / 26375
26374  |  26376
Subject:
TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 17:34:35 GMT

I searched news, and didn’t see any mention of this ...

PicoCricket

From the website:

“The PicoCricket Kit is similar to the LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ robotics kits. MINDSTORMS is designed especially for making robots, while the PicoCricket Kit is designed for making artistic creations with lights, sound, music, and motion.”

-and-

“The PicoCricket captures the LEGO spirit: it sparks the imagination, stimulates creative thinking, and engages children in playful learning.”

–Kjeld Kirk Kristiansen, Owner and Vice Chairman of The LEGO Company

The kit includes a motor, sound box, colored lights, display, and resistance/sound/light/touch sensors.