 Robotics / 26375
  TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

I searched news, and didn't see any mention of this ... (URL) PicoCricket> From the website: "The PicoCricket Kit is similar to the LEGO® MINDSTORMS™ robotics kits. MINDSTORMS is designed especially for making robots, while the PicoCricket Kit is (...) (18 years ago, 30-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

(...) Huh. That's kind of neat. It seems to run at least two tasks, and I like a lot of the output options (having the motor driver seperate from the brain is a good idea). It even has a text-based language option, and runs on both major platforms. (...) (18 years ago, 30-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

(...) See their own news page at: (URL) a number of entries from Google: (URL) $250. I'd buy a Nxt and spend ten or twenty bucks at the craft store instead. (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  RE: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

Dennis Williamson said: "It's $250. I'd buy a Nxt and spend ten or twenty bucks at the craft store instead." Yes. But you're an adult and not the target market. The NXT and PICO cricket are two different products with different target market (...) (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

(...) <snip> I like the idea of this, the modules are neat. I have blogged it on OrionRobots (URL) - does anyone know how many output or input modules could be attached, and if there are any plans for seperate motor control boards? I strongly agree (...) (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

(...) Hmm - sorry I was not clear there, I meant are there any plans to *sell* the boards seperate from the kit. Doh.. Danny (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  RE: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

On Thursday, August 31, 2006 7:03 AM danny staple wrote: "Question - does anyone know how many output or input modules could be attached, and if there are any plans for seperate motor control boards? I strongly agree with Brian that having the motor (...) (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

In lugnet.robotics, Dick Swan wrote: [a whole lot of useful stuff] Thank you! Clearly you'e played with these at some time in the past then. So another qustion... can the picocricket be reprogrammed with custom FW, or made to work with NQC (...) (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: TLG & MIT Media Labs spawn another product: PicoCricket

(...) So bar power requirements, what is the addressing range of that? It would be cool to be able to daisy chain elements, and jsut add additional power where needed. (...) Each device having its own micro explains the expense, I take it that only (...) (18 years ago, 31-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)