 Robotics / 26311
  Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06

There has not been a great deal of public discussion about having a Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06, but there WILL be a GBC at BF06. If you missed your chance last year, when we had almost fifty modules, now is the time to start building. (...) (18 years ago, 31-Jul-06, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.events, lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.robotics.events, lugnet.robotics.nxt, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06

(...) Hey, Just wondering, are the Bionicle radioactive green balls pretty much the same size/weight as the soccer balls? I have just come across a HUGE (about 500) stockpile of these things and thought they would be good for testing. I live in aus (...) (18 years ago, 8-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06

(...) Hey Mat, Dont know if anyone has answered you or not, Janey, did the initial test, and others have since confirmed that NO, the 2 balls are different in size. A soccer ball will fit with room to spare between 2 studs. and a "horta egg" (1) is (...) (18 years ago, 11-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06

(...) Yes. So the bad news is a lot of standard GBC modules will break if they hit a Zamor sphere, so they really can't be used unconstrained in a GBC. the good news is there are a number of GBC modules that can process both easily, so if you build (...) (18 years ago, 11-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06

(...) I found this out. I bought five boxes of Zamors (50 balls) that were going cheap when the LEGO store in Kingston, UK, was closing down. Unfortunately, they're too big to go through something like the 2x2 shaft of a ball pump. I had to buy some (...) (18 years ago, 18-Aug-06, to lugnet.robotics)