 Robotics / 26337
Re: Great Ball Contraption at BrickFest '06
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Fri, 11 Aug 2006 12:07:18 GMT

mat wrote:

Hey,

Just wondering, are the Bionicle radioactive green balls pretty much the same
size/weight as the soccer balls? I have just come across a HUGE (about 500)
stockpile of these things and thought they would be good for testing.

I live in aus btw, so tripping it over to brickfest anytime in the next few
years doesn't look like happening :( :(

cheers!
Matt

P.S - this is my first post on lugnet relating to models in over 2 years - WOW!

Hey Mat,

Dont know if anyone has answered you or not,

Janey, did the initial test, and others have since confirmed that NO,
the 2 balls are different in size.  A soccer ball will fit with room to
spare between 2 studs. and a "horta egg" (1)  is slightly larger then 2
  studs.

People have talked about using both balls, and having a mech to sort them.

500 balls does sound like you have enuff to make your own GBC, it would
just be to a different standard.

let us know what you made.

Chris

1.  the term steve came  up with to describe them.