 Robotics / 26093
Re: C Programming Solution for NXT - Beta Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 19:07:04 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Dick Swan wrote:
For NXT users, RobotC also has its own firmware version. It's file
"NXT0611.a79" and is included as part of the RobotC distribution. It has
a similar list of advantages (execution speed, debugger support, float
support, etc) over the standard Lego NXT firmware.

Dick,

You are awesome!  I'm excited to get my hands on RobotC and your alternate
firmware.  If I understand correctly, you took the sourcecode for the official
LEGO firmware and replaced the odd National Instruments VM with a VM that is
essentially 100% compatible with the standard RCX firmware VM.  Is that right?
Is this firmware the same as (or nearly the same as) what comes with Robolab
2.9?  Can you comment on the compatibility between fast0103.lgo (which NQC
supports) and fast0610.lgo?

Thanks!

John Hansen