 Robotics / 26092
RE: C Programming Solution for NXT - Beta Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2006 12:14:15 GMT

Ross Crawford wrote:

Scrub that, found the RobotC firmware.

Sorry you're having trouble. You should download firmware RCX file
"fast0610.lgo" which is included as part of the installation.

RobotC will not run properly with the standard Lego firmware(
"firm0328.lgo"). It has too much missing functionality -- mostly in the
area of enhanced debugging and expanded infrared messaging.

The benefit of "fast0610.lgo" includes:
- 50 to 100 times faster execution speed than standard Lego firmware.
  This execution speed is comparable to a NXT using standard Lego
  firmware.

- Float and long variable support.

- Full featured debugger support: breakpoints, suspend/resume, single
  step execution, full set of fast updated "watch" windows, etc.

- Expanded infrared messaging support.

For NXT users, RobotC also has its own firmware version. It's file
"NXT0611.a79" and is included as part of the RobotC distribution. It has
a similar list of advantages (execution speed, debugger support, float
support, etc) over the standard Lego NXT firmware.