 Robotics / 25207
Re: Mindstorms NXT programming languages
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 14 Jan 2006 03:28:23 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, steve <sjbaker1@airmail.net> wrote:
Steve Hassenplug wrote:

My two year old cell phone has 32k of memory, just like my eight yr old RCX.

EXACTLY.

And my three-month-old cell phone has 4M of memory (which is needs
because it has a camera in it), but my not-born-yet NXT will have
256k+64k. Over eight years, most devices have increased in memory
capacity by a factor of maybe 100 to 1000 times.

The Lego controller has managed just a 10-fold increase.

When LEGO are able to sell as many NXTs as Nokia does mobile phones, I'll accept
that as a valid comparison.

ROSCO