 Robotics / 25110
Re: mindstorms NXT
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 18:42:42 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Tim Byrne wrote:
Which makes me ask: Can anyone tell if the new sensors have the wires attached
or if they have sockets just like on the NXT?  If they are not permanently
attached then we won't have to sacrifice a sensor to get the plugs.  One wire
would yield two adaptors.  I'm really hoping that the sensors have sockets so we
will be able to use various lengths of wires depending on the construction of
the robot.

Well, the press-kit renderings show the motors have sockets.  The only shot I
could find of the back of a sensor is an un-connected touch(?) sensor on the
Tribot.  It's pointed toward the floor, underneath another touch sensor mounted
below the ultrasonic sensor.  But it doesn't sport the printed orange icon shown
on the sensors, so maybe it's not what I think it.

The important thing is the Tribot image shows an empty socket on the mystery
sensor!

Steve