 Robotics / 25071
  RE: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones (was: mindstorms NXT and memory)

I don't know if someone got this post but since I couldn't find it on the lugnet site then I guess it got lost somewhere. Here it goes again: (...) computer's worth of memory (at a slower rate? I really > need to learn about Bluetooth). I have a (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

As I cannot find this here is CNET's review: (URL) demonstrated, for example, how with his Bluetooth phone, he could direct the movement of one of the robots. Then he showed how the robot was programmed so that when it moved and bumped into (...) (18 years ago, 11-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) WOW, that Jenifer is a hottie. Ok. Im done. Back robots. Chris (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) Ugh.. she mentions communicating to the NXT with J2ME on your phone. Seriously depressing that I might have to learn Java. That is one bandwagon that I have long avoided. ---...--- Matthew C. Ruschmann (URL) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) Me too and I work for Sun! My life plan to never program in COBOL is working out (now that we're clear of Y2K), but Java might be harder to avoid. (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) Just because you'll be using a JVM doesn't necessarily mean you have to program in Java. There's a chance some other compiler capable of targeting the JVM might provide a neater language: (URL) not sure how many of those might be compatible (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) only bluetooth device is a phone. But if you're using a Bluetooth enabled PC there are many options. (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) I'm curious... What is it about java that you want to avoid? Is it just that you perceive it as a band wagon that everyone and their brother is jumping on to look cool? I can see that about it. And things like that have made me avoid things in (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) My current project involves dealing with mobile devices and understanding their development frameworks. I have found J2ME to be an excellent platform to develop apps but is still not quite complete. The issue is mobile devices have gotten more (...) (18 years ago, 12-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

We have yet more video of Mindstorms NXT: (URL) video has Alpha Rex dancing and dancing faster as the decibels go up. You will also see the Lego presentation playing in the background, especially when the camera points up at the robot for better (...) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones

(...) (URL) (18 years ago, 18-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  NXT box shows Part inventory

(URL) nobody else has bothered to dredge this up, CES did have the box and Jeff at nxtbot.com took a picture of the inside flap. I can make out: 2 books and CD, 2x long, 2x med, 1x short wires Sensors, motors, NXT brick Row under brick may have (...) (18 years ago, 24-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: NXT box shows Part inventory

(...) WOW! I haven't even seen the box! That is really cool. Looks like LEGO is ready to go...I'm wondering if the release date will indeed move up instead of back...I certainly hope so! -aps (18 years ago, 25-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)