 Robotics / 25071
RE: NXT and bluetooth enabled phones (was: mindstorms NXT and memory)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 12:07:57 GMT

I don't know if someone got this post but since I couldn't find it on the
lugnet site then I guess it got lost somewhere. Here it goes again:

With Bluetooth at least we'll have access to potentially a whole
computer's worth of memory (at a slower rate? I really > need to learn about
Bluetooth).

I have a Nokia 6230 with bluetooth and it has a mmc expansion slot, which
means that you can add more memory than the one inside the phone. I have a
512MB memory card filled with MP3 on the phone and I'm not sure if it's new
firmware supports the bigger cards (1-4Gb). Anyway, by creating an interface
between the phone and the NXT over Bluetooth we could access that whole lot
of memory for whatever purpose we want. With some skillful programming we
could even use the built-in video camera capabilities and even make a global
swarm of NXT over GPRS. It would be just like Terminator 3...

Regards,
Jonathan

1GB gratis, Antivirus y Antispam
http://correo.yahoo.com.ar