 Robotics / 25063
Re: mindstorms NXT and memory
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 05:03:25 GMT

In lugnet.robotics, Steve Hassenplug wrote:
On Mon, January 9, 2006 9:31 am, Rob Antonishen wrote:
This tells me that the likelihood of a NXT bot controlled by a
cellphone is NILL.

every place that talks about the NXT also talks about "Bluetooth technology that
allows your robot to communicate with external devices such as mobile phones".

<http://www.firstlegoleague.org/default.aspx?pid=21400>

Personally, I REALLY think controlling a NXT bot with a cellphone will be possible.

Steve

Or with a GameBoy Advance with the wireless link peripheral (uses Bluetooth).
It's not a common piece of hardware, but some of the newer Pokemon games come
with it. I think about 15 games support it currently.

Anyway, my GBA is one thing I'll be trying to connect to my NXT. I might even be
able to bootload the GBA from the NXT, which means I (and other people with
their GBAs) won't need to have a program on a blank GBA-compatible flash-RAM
cartridge.

Fun stuff.