 Robotics / 25064
RE: Bluetooth?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 10 Jan 2006 04:36:50 GMT

Rob Hendrix wrote on  Monday, January 09, 2006 10:08 PM

Ya, that's what I meant.  I mean the camera and the NXt • really don't need to
connect using BT, but the camera signal could be processed • by the pc and
then the pc could send info to the NXT.

Once you bring the PC into the communications loop, why
bother with writing programming in the NXT? Simply turn the
NXT into a dumb device that motor control commands from the
PC. Leave all the intelligence in the PC.

Of course this isn't what I want to do. I want an autonomous
brick without any PC involvement. The answer is to use one
of the smart cameras, like the CMUCAM and its copycats,
directly connected to the brick. The CMU Camera communicates
over RS-232 and has a build in processor for "blob"
detection. You tell it to look for blobs of color "X" and it
responds with "I found blob of size "N" at coordinates
"X,Y"'.