 Robotics / 24876
  Re: mindstorms NXT

If Lego obeys the USB standard and uses fullsize receptacles, it'll be a "B" type connector on the NXT. Hence, you'd need a B-male to A-female cable, which is "illegal" according to the USB standards. You might hack up your own, but that's (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Indeed, see this image, also clearly showing motor connectors : (URL) (from the article now available here (URL)) (...) An USB On The Go (host+slave) chip is not so expansive. But a host software stack is much more complex, and would expose (...) (18 years ago, 6-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) Just as lego says: What is the usability of the USB port in the NXT brick? The USB port is a "slave" which means that it can only communicate with USB "master" ports, e.g. computers. The usage of the USB port is for fast download from PC to (...) (18 years ago, 7-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  Re: mindstorms NXT

(...) You mean like one of these? ;) (URL) (...) I've read the replies to this post, but I'll respond here. As far as the cable is concerned, the plug type is irrelevant; it's just a standard. The real determination of "master" and "slave" happens (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics, FTX)

  hitechnic compass

I know everyone is psyched about the NXT, but on another topic-- does anyone have experience with the new compass sensor from Hitechnic? In particular, I'm wondering what chip they use, and how sensitive it is to non-horizontal placement. Also, can (...) (18 years ago, 8-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: hitechnic compass & NXT

(...) I got one a little while ago. It's pretty cool. With that, and one rotation sensor, I was able to make a robot that could navigate a pre-defined course around my house. I'm not sure what chip is used, but I doubt you'll get better accuracy (...) (18 years ago, 10-Jan-06, to lugnet.robotics)