 Robotics / 20629
20628  |  20630
Subject:
spinner/tilter amusement ride MOC
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.us.nelug, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics, lugnet.town, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2003 04:49:30 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

hey guys,

I've been dying to begin my first contribution to the NELUG group's train
layout and finally I have something to offer for the fairground portion of
the town.  After seeing the amusement rides at the last meeting, and talking
about roller coaster design all the way home from the meeting last fall, I
have been dreaming of building a G-force style, spinning and tilting ride.
Originally I planned on building a smaller radius ride where it spin the
mini-figs into the wall and the floor drops out.  Hover it seemed that was a
little too much to handle for my first amusement ride.  Instead I went with
the classic spinning tilter.  I'm glad to announce that the earliest version
is near completion.

here are the pics

I'm going to spend the rest of the night programming the brick to make the
movements  clockwork.  As it is the mini-fig riders only occasionally fall
over when the ride spins down at the bottom of the cycle.  Most of the time
the mini-fig feet are actually driven down onto the last set of pegs before
the "exterior fence" part of the ride and stay standing even when the ride
stops.

I'm going to hold off on the stairway  up to the ride and stuff until its
fully programmed and running.  I also plan on trimming it off with some sort
of light looking things that will make it more carnival like.

Hope you like it.  Let me know what you think!

-tk

PS... when is the next NELUG meeting?