 Robotics / 17494
Re: New Book - Core Lego Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2002 06:58:17 GMT

You have to wonder how the SDK could possibly do that. The only opportunity
I can see for it doing this is with the binary files javac and java, but I
doubt they have auto-update features. Maybe the applet JVM has this?

p.s. Kudos for reading the license. You are probably the first person to do
so since the SDK was released. ;)

In lugnet.robotics, Juergen Stuber writes:
I have made the necessary modifications to leJOS
(there was a clash with the new assert keyword) and
then tried the Java SDK 1.4 with a few tests, it worked.
What you have to do is use the CVS version and add "-target 1.1"
as an option to lejosc and javac whenever you are compiling
for the leJOS linker, because it only understands 1.1 classfile format.

Regularly I use 1.3

BTW, I hope you always read the licenses:

   5. Notice of Automatic Software Updates from Sun.  You
   acknowledge that the Software may automatically download,
   install, and execute applets, applications, software
   extensions, and updated versions of the Software from Sun
   ("Software Updates"), which may require you to accept updated
   terms and conditions for installation. If additional terms and
   conditions are not presented on installation, the Software
   Updates will be considered part of the Software and subject to
   the terms and conditions of the Agreement.

Anybody got a Linux sandbox w/o internet access for this rascal?

Jürgen