 Robotics / 17488
Re: New Book - Core Lego Mindstorms
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sat, 16 Mar 2002 00:58:54 GMT

I assume with the offfical 1.4 release?  I have had several problems with
the offical release including stability problems, incompatible code (some
wierd 1.2 stuff), slow performance, and hanging event threads (they never
return from calling the event methods).  I think I will wait for 1.4.1. :)

Andy
----- Original Message -----
From: "Brian Bagnall" <bbagnall@mts.net>
To: <lego-robotics@crynwr.com>
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2002 4:53 PM
Subject: Re: New Book - Core Lego Mindstorms

Yes, it's 100% compatible with the latest versions of the Java SDK. I use
1.3.1 myself and it works great. There were originally some problems with
the SDK 1.4 beta but those have been worked out.

In lugnet.robotics, Peter Ridsdale writes:
Dear Brian

I have ordered my copy from Amazon. Looks very interesting. One • question -
is it compatible with Java version 1.3?

With best wishes

Peter Ridsdale