 Robotics / 15025
Re: Pneumatic Pump Testing Goes Hi Tech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, lugnet.dacta
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 13:42:35 GMT

c s soh wrote:

Ever since the RCX Controlled Air Compressor Tester was posted, there
have been many suggestions for it's improvement, in particular to
linearize the tracing. More importantly, several people have commented
that it was, um, rather low in technology.

Nice work as ever!

One type of pump I've not seen you test yet is a varation of Michael
Powell's using an 8 tooth gear onto 40 tooth gear reduction rather than the
belt drive, as this seems to improve performance significantly. How about a
test for compressors using pressure limit switches as well, or even the
limit switches on their own? It would be interesting to see the
effectiveness of both switches and compressor units.

Jennifer Clark