 Robotics / 15077
Re: Pneumatic Pump Testing Goes Hi Tech
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics, lugnet.technic
Date:
Thu, 12 Apr 2001 04:27:00 GMT

Well, the markings say "TIRE PRESSURE GAUGE" at the top and "TRU-FLATE"
at the bottom. It reads to 60 psi. No other markings to indicate its
manufacture.

TRU-FLATE tire pressure guages are made by Stant. If you search the Web for
"Tru-Flate" you will find several stores that sell them. I have been using a
digital tire guage (like the one originally suggested on Soh Chio's site) up
until now to calibrate my pressure sensor (which I bought on e-Bay), but the
TRU-FLATE dial looks a better approach.

Thanks for the information. I'm going to see if I can get hold of one of
these...

With all this talk of pneumatics going on, I feel I must inform you that all
my current and pending creations hardly use pneumatics at all, I've binned
them in favour of something more suited to my needs. I'd love to tell you
but you'll have to wait till I do a whole website.

I use pneumatics mainly where brute strength is needed rather than smooth
motion, such as the raising/lowering mechanism on a crane (although this
situation occurs quite often :-) ). Otherwise I pretty much go for flex
cables running on networks of pulleys or cams...

-Gaurav Thakur, raving madman
Can be reached at cp5670@supermail.com