 Robotics / 14872
    Re: NQC for Palm —Chris 'Xenon' Hanson
    Well, I just got some bad news from Dave 'NQC' Baum. Apparently he's a Palm developer, and he won't touch the project, because of architectural limitations in the Palm OS. Apparently NQC needs a lot more dynamically- allocated memory than the (...) (23 years ago, 3-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for Palm —Dave Baum
   (...) I just did some measurements of heap usage for NQC, and it isn't quite as bad as I feared. Compiling a trivial program without including the standard API uses about 11K. If you include the standard API, this grows to about 64K. For a modest (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for Palm —Steve Baker
   (...) Of course on my Agenda Palmtop - it took little more than typing 'make' to port it. <smug grin> (...) So the Palm is big-endian? I didn't know that. Won't that also cause problems for NQC porting...does NQC run on any other big-endian (...) (23 years ago, 4-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)

        Re: NQC for Palm —Dave Baum
   (...) Yes - NQC is developed on a Mac so PowerPC big-endian is actually where most of the testing is done, but I don't recall ever running into an endian problem. One of the builds (for Mac MPW) targets 68K, but with slightly difference options than (...) (23 years ago, 5-Apr-01, to lugnet.robotics)