 Robotics / 14855

Re: Lubricating technic turntables
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics
Date:
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:06:29 GMT

How about graphite? I don't think that will degrade
plastic.

--- Eric Sophie <Legomaster@gobi.com> wrote:
I read somewhere in the past as an official
"Legostatement" from TLC - that
no lubricants of any kind should be used with the
gears, wheels, axles, pcs.
etc...

However, it sounds like some people have had success
using controlled amounts.
I do know that oil molecules spread themselves out
to 1 molecule in
thickness over time. and oil rots rubber. So I have
always steered clear. I
am now leaning towards using small wheels as
ballbearings in addtion to
Turntables.

Eric

In lugnet.robotics, Carl Jagt writes:
Greetings,

  Any suggestions to safely yet effectively • lubricate technic turntables? I
have four which are somewhat stiff and require a • fair amount of torque to
rotate. Thanks in advance!

  Cheers,

Carl Jagt
--
Did you check the web site first?:
http://www.crynwr.com/lego-robotics

Re: Lubricating technic turntables
yeah, probably work real good,,,,,interesting , But I would'nt use it my self.