 Publishing / 4890
  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) I don't think you want to do that. It might get Sean in trouble for (URL) click fraud>. Just click on the ads that you are actually interested in. Marc Nelson Jr. (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) Hmm, guess I won't do that then. It does see odd to me. The idea of advertising is the more eyeballs the better. My TV doesn't penalize me for watching the commercials even if I don't buy anything. To the contrary, they are hoping that since I (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish, FTX)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) It's not like you watching a commercial though - it's like you turning on the TV when you're not home, so that the rating of a show goes up (and therefor it's revenue from commercials). If you follow a link of interest, and end up not buying, (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish)

  Re: MOCpages, now a Brickshelf alternative

(...) On top of this, click padding/click fraud throws the whole system off. The core concept is based on a system that tracks, reports, and allows advertisers to respond based on real interest. For instance, if I'm selling widgets and am using (...) (17 years ago, 17-Jul-07, to lugnet.publish)