 Publishing / 4773
Re: New home for Brickshelf Scan Library
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.announce.peeron, lugnet.announce, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:59:27 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

It took a little bit longer than we had hoped, but the scans are now available
again.  We still need to add the PDF instructions, and the catalogs, but we felt
that releasing what we have already would be better than waiting for everything
to be ready.

Try it out - The Peeron Instruction and Catalog Scans Library (PICSL)[1].

If you have any comments or suggestions, be it new features or ways to make the
user interface better, or bug reports, please let us know!

We would like to thank Kevin for hosting this important resource for all these
years, and The LEGO Group and LEGOFan for allowing us to publish the Library
online

Dan and Jennifer Boger.

[1] http://www.peeron.com/scans/

(reposting to the right groups :)

Re: New home for Brickshelf Scan Library
It took a little bit longer than we had hoped, but the scans are now available
again.  We still need to add the PDF instructions, and the catalogs, but we felt
that releasing what we have already would be better than waiting for everything
to be ready.

Try it out - The Peeron Instruction and Catalog Scans Library (PICSL)[1].

If you have any comments or suggestions, be it new features or ways to make the
user interface better, or bug reports, please let us know!

That's excellent Dan! You got that up & going ultra quick, thanks!

I do have a query though - I couldn't find set 8040. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a
PDF because it's pretty old, and I had page 13 bookmarked because of the
infamous 5x9 plate :) So I'm just wondering if you definitely have all the
non-PDF scans there?

ROSCO

Re: New home for Brickshelf Scan Library
I do have a query though - I couldn't find set 8040. I'm pretty sure
it wasn't a PDF because it's pretty old, and I had page 13 bookmarked
because of the infamous 5x9 plate :) So I'm just wondering if you
definitely have all the non-PDF scans there?

I knew I forgot to mention something!  Some of the older scans were
actually invalid pictures, so they didn't import cleanly.  I still need
to go through the ones that were rejected, and import them manually.

I just found 8040, and it was one of those scans...  But it's imported
now.

Sorry for the confusion!

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com

Re: New home for Brickshelf Scan Library