 Pirates / 702
Re: Question about frigates
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:31:35 GMT

How many cannon does a ship have to have to be considered a frigate?
When?

One is enough now, and it can be a middling 57mm one to boot :)

I know, you are talking historically, and I would think that what Linsay posted
was likely right.  I think it had a lot to do with who was doing the naming
too...since the US had "Guided Missile Frigates" that weighed in at over 10,000
DWT (again, more modern, but a prime example of misnaming)

So, name it what you think is right for the size of ship, bearing in mind the
max. flex MF scale adjustments.  I would think that a good size for a Lego
Frigate would be around 6-8 guns, which still puts it well larger than the lego
ships...I'd hate to think of a 112 gun ship of the line in Lego with the pirate
hull pieces..it would be a little on the _long_ side :)

James