 Pirates / 643
Re: Brickish Museum of Natural History (BMNH)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 13:43:04 GMT

On Wed, 23 Feb 2000, Richard Parsons (<FqDw30.Ewv@lugnet.com>) wrote at
12:58:40

(haven't looked at pics yet, cos it's 'spensive time)

Richard II's Hanseatic Cog is built, and the ex King has escaped his prison,
embarked on his three hour tour, headed for France.  The wind is high, and
fair for France.  Little does he know his next landfall will be almost 500
years hence ;-)  Name for the cog?  I understand that 14C private vessels
pressed into military service had castles added and their name suffixed by
de la Tour, a reference to the Tower of London near which the mods were
made. So how does "Soggy Chip de la Tour" sound?  (the soggy chip appearing
to be one of England's chief export items).

Sounds like Soup du Jour :-)

Given that spuds hadn't been invented yet, possibly a trifle
anachronistic. But given the temporal route of this story, not
necessarily a problem :-)

And I deeply resemble the nasturtium that the soggy chip is one of the
best things to come out of Brickain. We do quite a good line in empire
builders: one size fits all. Once we've finished ;-)
--
Tony Priestman