 Pirates / 642
Subject:
Brickish Museum of Natural History (BMNH)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 12:58:40 GMT

Gentlemen,

Wouldn't want you thinking I was losing interest...

I just added a couple of 'on the shelf' snaps of the BMNH.  I have a
suspicion that it may end up being a local office, in Port Block, built to
help deal with the Doolittle threat.

http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/doo/doo-28-n.jpg
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/doo/doo-29-n.jpg

(These are both added to the second Doolittle page
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/doo/do2.htm )

And there is a preview of the hull of the Sea Princess on the bench at the
recent Studs get together.

http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/stu/stu-01-n.jpg

(This is part of the LegOz 2000 page
http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/stu/ )

If you look carefully, you can just see two of Doolittle's Warrior Walruses
(Bruce's pirate captain based Black Guards) on deck.

Richard II's Hanseatic Cog is built, and the ex King has escaped his prison,
embarked on his three hour tour, headed for France.  The wind is high, and
fair for France.  Little does he know his next landfall will be almost 500
years hence ;-)  Name for the cog?  I understand that 14C private vessels
pressed into military service had castles added and their name suffixed by
de la Tour, a reference to the Tower of London near which the mods were
made. So how does "Soggy Chip de la Tour" sound?  (the soggy chip appearing
to be one of England's chief export items).

Thoughts anyone?

Richard
Still baldly going...
Check out Port Block at http://www.hinet.net.au/~rparsons/port/

Re: Brickish Museum of Natural History (BMNH)
(haven't looked at pics yet, cos it's 'spensive time)

Richard II's Hanseatic Cog is built, and the ex King has escaped his prison,
embarked on his three hour tour, headed for France.  The wind is high, and
fair for France.  Little does he know his next landfall will be almost 500
years hence ;-)  Name for the cog?  I understand that 14C private vessels
pressed into military service had castles added and their name suffixed by
de la Tour, a reference to the Tower of London near which the mods were
made. So how does "Soggy Chip de la Tour" sound?  (the soggy chip appearing
to be one of England's chief export items).

Sounds like Soup du Jour :-)

Given that spuds hadn't been invented yet, possibly a trifle
anachronistic. But given the temporal route of this story, not
necessarily a problem :-)

And I deeply resemble the nasturtium that the soggy chip is one of the
best things to come out of Brickain. We do quite a good line in empire
builders: one size fits all. Once we've finished ;-)
--
Tony Priestman

Re: Brickish Museum of Natural History (BMNH)