 Pirates / 570
Re: New little soldier dudes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 21:00:02 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richard Parsons writes:
Gentlemen,

Since the new castle has arrived in Oztrailya this week, and I have found
myself rather enamoured with the little soldier dudes (the good guys), and
the king, I will need some details before I can include them in my little
nook of the Legoverse.

It seems to me that the King of England, around the 12th century sometime,
was going over to France for some exceedingly important reason, got caught
up in some sort of temporal rift (I mean they happen all the time in Trek,
why not the English channel, what?), and ended up arriving in 19th century
Port Block.

Little known fact, there is an entire series of "bermuda triangle" areas around
the world.  Including one in the South Pacific.

Obviously the garrison, being at the service of the King of
England, would, in reasonably short order, find themselves at the 12C king's
disposal.

There would be an incredible amount of chaos if an antique ship flying the
ancient standards were to drag into port.  They wouldn't know the flag signals,
and would probably be fired upon under the assumption they are some of those
wicked Frenchmen trying to trick the stalwart soldiers of the King. The
official language of diplomacy was French at that time.

Once the survivors are picked up from the harbor, they would probably be thrown
in the closest madhouse as insane.

You never know, the king might even commandeer every ship he can
find, and sally forth to Great Brickain to claim his birthright.  Are you
ready for this Tony? Imagine what the nineteenth and twentieth centuries
might have been like if England had been under the command of a 12th century
house.

How about this?  They find a small archipelago, conquer the Natives, and
attempt to build an Expeditionary Force.  Once they have it built, they sail
about trying to locate the Brickish Isles.  Not having a map makes it a lot
harder (and funnier) as they encounter merchantmen (who would think they are a
bunch of loonie pirates), pirates (who would think they were loony merchies).

Sooner or later they will have to "aquire" a more modern ship to make it more
of a challenge, and that leads to a whole new opportunity for comedy as they
try to learn to sail a modern warship.

Finding it more fun to be lolloping about on the high seas Piratin' an all,
gives us the one, true Pirate King carving a new Empire out of Polynesia.

Hey hey, this could be fun.

You are correct!  Great fun, boundless opportunities for the classic "Fish out
of Water" tales.  And buckets of blood over the gunnels.

Yo Ho, Yo Ho