 Pirates / 568
Re: New little soldier dudes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:18:40 GMT

Richard Parsons wrote:
In any event, I am hoping someone can date the attractive headwear of the
new little soldier dudes,

You're in luck.  According to my sources, that type of helm was in use
for several centuries.  Let me check my notes...

Yes, here it is.  The type of helmet seems to be a 'chapel de fer' -
literally, an 'iron hat', with an attached mail coif to protect the
back of the head and the neck.  They were worn from the 12th century
well into the 17th, so you have a nice large period of time from which
to choose your ruler.

and make a pithy suggestion or two as to a bloody
strong king of the period (and by that I mean strong and bloody - I don't
need any .generals to go dumping on me about swearing again ;-)
I know I
could ask over in castle, but I fear I might be deluged with detail,

Muahahaha.... - .castle has come to you!

sakura@mediaone.net     is     Jeff Johnston       http://www.io.com/~jeffj
My LEGO Web page has moved!  Go to: http://people.ne.mediaone.net/sakura
Check out my Trade List and Want List - * - Last Updated 12/19/1999
LEGO Geek Code:  SP+ CA +++ (375/6075) PI +++ #++ S--/++ LS++ Hal  M+ A++  YB73m