 Pirates / 4508
Re: The L’Administraeur Rouge (a two decked brig in Port Brique!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 05:15:22 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Ahoy,

Although wide and ungainly, brig-rigged L’Administrateur Rouge packs a broadside seldom matched,

I like her, she not what I would build, that makes her more interresting to me, but she looks very nice!

The L’Administrateur is not by any means a serious vessel, but it has allowed me to toy with cross sections appropriate for a two decker. The deck spacing works out quite well, and while the join of the angled gallery to the cabin betrays my lack of red inverse tall slopes somewhat, I think it works reasonably well.

Yes, I think that it does!

Looking at the L’Administrateur, I can imagine it being two or three hull sections longer, with the current foremast becoming the main, the mizzen where the mainmast is now, and a foremast added.

She’s begging for more lenght! and shear down that lenght!!

   Maintaining the current gun spacing, means that each extra hull section would yield eight extra guns… this would mean that a four centre section version of the L’Administrateur would be a 40 gun ship!

Or you could increase gun spacing, 5 or 6 studs gives a more real look. Also why have the guns centered over each other?

More pics on brickshelf.

Thanks for the gallery link!!

Any feedback would be most welcome.

And do I see inverted sloped wedges?

As to
   but it has allowed me to toy with cross sections appropriate for a two decker.

Hinden it my pirate vignette is the cross section of the

36-gun Frigate RTS LEGOMALEE http://news.lugnet.com/pirates/?n=4138 Note that the bottom two rows of inverted slopes on the vignette are in the hull part http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/2560 on the my Frigate.

Just info for you.

I have been meaning to take pictures of my Frigate after I moved the for mast forward, I’ll try to do that sometime.

All in all, I think your ship is quite nice and quite RED!

kurt