 Pirates / 4499
Re: The Whaling Brig 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 17:07:16 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Ahoy!

The Egregious is built on a four centre section hull, and includes the challenging construction combination of short ratlines and Vikings masts. I have gained a newfound appreciation of the possibilities of the short ratlines – I had previously written them off as next to useless for serious vessel construction… and even after I used them on the cutter Trésfroid and the hermaphrodite brig Ratsée, I doubted that they could be used successfully on a wide hulled vessel. They support the 2x2 columns that form the masts nicely, and secure the tops which provide a stable base for the Vikings masts.

I ended up thinking on the use of short ratlines, and here is the result http://news.lugnet.com/pirates/?n=4498 the Black Pearl-lite!!

kurt