 Pirates / 4494
Re: The Whaling Brig 'Egregious'
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:01:53 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Chris Phillips wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Selçuk Göre wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:

   As alluded to above, the whaleboats are cut down rowboats, in the manner pioneered by Richard Parsons of Port Block fame. I made a jig out of expendable (old grey) bricks secured 3 studs forward of the stern, and carefully cut through with a fine toothed saw. On the first couple I needed to use a craft knife & sandpaper to trim and tidy, but the last two – by which time I’d figured out it was better to cut from the bottom up rather than the top down – a light sand was all that was needed to get them ready for joining. I could have made the whaleboats a little longer, but I was going for the look of a whaleboat, rather than length particularly.

   Cheers

Richie Dulin

This ship really looks awesome. I also appreciate the very nice detailing both in the model and its fine descriptions, while preserving the minifig scale simplicity..

If only you wouldn’t spoil the game by cutting an authentic lego piece into two... It could win a contest or two...

That must be what makes it “Egregious.” :)

LOL!

   Seriously, nice [brig] with a great write-up, and some awesome building tips too! Arrrrgh!

Thanks!

Cheers

Richie Dulin