 Pirates / 4392
4391  |  4393
Subject:
The brig Seatop
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates, lugnet.boats, lugnet.announce.moc
Date:
Mon, 10 Jul 2006 23:47:39 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Ahoy!

The Seatop is a 12 gun brig operating in the waters around Port Brique. She is of an older design, but is an exceptionally seaworthy craft and handy sailor.

Built on a three centre section hull, the Seatop uses a double row of inverted slopes to achieve sufficient hull width, and she uses SNOT slopes at the bow and angled bricks (in place of tall slopes) at the stern quarters to allow for a less boxy look.

Sails are parchment paper, with the pennants coming from the Durmstrang galleon. (I think that the pennants are just about the best pieces in that set!)

The colour scheme carries over from the old HMLS Intractible, which was the major donor vessel for the Seatop. The hull is perhaps one brick too tall - though the taller than usual masts help minimise the impact of this.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

FUT .pirates