 Pirates / 4265

Subject:
Spanish galleon of the treasure fleet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Mon, 16 May 2005 16:44:08 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Hello dear LEGO-fans,

this is the first MOC I present here at LUGNET, so please apologize possible mistakes, I do with posting here.

The ship is a spanish galleon, around the 16th century. It has been built last year for Bicking Bavaria 2004 (an AFOL-exhibition near Munich) and since then it has been shown at several other exhibitions in Germany.

Last week I got it back, did some necessary fixes and took some photographs. I hope you enjoy it.

Marmaris (Volker Draschka)

Re: Spanish galleon of the treasure fleet
In lugnet.pirates, Volker Draschka wrote:
   Hello dear LEGO-fans,

this is the first MOC I present here at LUGNET, so please apologize possible mistakes, I do with posting here.

Marmaris,

Wow, this is incredible. I am sure pictures don’t do it justice, it must be spectacular in person. I think this is the best sailed ship I have seen posted here.

Thanks,

George

Re: Spanish galleon of the treasure fleet
This is incredible! I remember seeing this in the background of pictures from what I assume was the Bavaria gathering you mentioned. I wished at the time that the builder would show us some close-up pictures, and here you’ve fulfilled my wishes. A few of my favorite details are the way you attached nets to extend the rigging pieces, the rolled up sails (such a simple idea, I don’t think I’ve ever seen it done before), the lookout on the prow, and the curves you’ve built in in the trim along the sides.

BTW, people are also drooling over this MOC in a thread on Classic-Castle

Bruce

Re: Spanish galleon of the treasure fleet
In lugnet.pirates, Volker Draschka wrote:
   Hello dear LEGO-fans,

this is the first MOC I present here at LUGNET, so please apologize possible mistakes, I do with posting here.

The ship is a spanish galleon, around the 16th century. It has been built last year for Bicking Bavaria 2004 (an AFOL-exhibition near Munich) and since then it has been shown at several other exhibitions in Germany.

Last week I got it back, did some necessary fixes and took some photographs. I hope you enjoy it.

Marmaris (Volker Draschka)

Ahoy

Nicely done indeed!

Big, ornate, and armed to the teeth.

The sterncastle is perhaps a bit too square, but the presence of proper galleries is an authentic touch.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Re: Spanish galleon of the treasure fleet
In lugnet.pirates, Volker Draschka wrote:
   Hello dear LEGO-fans,

this is the first MOC I present here at LUGNET, so please apologize possible mistakes, I do with posting here.

The ship is a spanish galleon, around the 16th century. It has been built last year for Bicking Bavaria 2004 (an AFOL-exhibition near Munich) and since then it has been shown at several other exhibitions in Germany.

Last week I got it back, did some necessary fixes and took some photographs. I hope you enjoy it.

Marmaris (Volker Draschka)

I agree with George, this is far and away the best sailing-ship MOC I’ve ever seen on Lugnet. Awesome! (I can literally say my jaw dropped when I first saw it.) You get a great image of the almost gaudy opulence with which these ships were designed. Too much gold floating around back then. But still, a beautiful craft.

Seth

Re: Spanish galleon of the treasure fleet