 Pirates / 4234
Re: Reprendre Rebuild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Sun, 3 Apr 2005 06:47:04 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Stephen Rowe wrote:
   In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Following Kurt Baty’s comments on Reprendre, my ship rigged twenty gun corvette has returned to Port Brique’s shipyards for a partial rebuild.

   The solution I decided on was to use SNOT for the hull, and return to
studs-up for the deck. The curve is achieved using low slopes (3x3x1), standard slopes (3x2x1) and steep slopes (3x2x3).

This rebuild has given Reprendre significantly more room for’ard of the foremast... space for a couple of chasers. ;-)

Here’s some more pics since the rebuild.

The Reprendre is now docked beside the Misérable ... the old Mis is looking old indeed.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

this is a good looking ship Mr. Dulin. i havent been around for a while, so i just saw the other thread the other day. i really like how you have changed the bow, it looks sleek. another ship to look out for ;-).

Thank you!

   do you have any plans to update the Miserable?

I do! I have a long list of improvements that were needed... and the matching solutions list is just about complete. There’ll be some innovative bits and pieces.

I have a couple of other vessels to take pics of first, though. (Complete, but as yet unphotographed).

Cheers

Richie Dulin