 Pirates / 4229
Subject:
Reprendre Rebuild
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Tue, 29 Mar 2005 02:15:06 GMT

Following Kurt Baty’s comments on Reprendre, my ship rigged twenty gun corvette has returned to Port Brique’s shipyards for a partial rebuild.

I began by cutting it back to the top of the hull section and the forechains (I resisted the urge to step the formast further for’ard), and experimenting with different ideas to properly capture the curve.

The solution I decided on was to use SNOT for the hull, and return to studs-up for the deck. The curve is achieved using low slopes (3x3x1), standard slopes (3x2x1) and steep slopes (3x2x3).

The rail will probably be rebuilt to better show off the SNOT curve of the hull, but it does the job in the meantime.

This rebuild has given Reprendre significantly more room for’ard of the foremast... space for a couple of chasers. ;-)

Here’s some more pics since the rebuild.

The Reprendre is now docked beside the Misérable ... the old Mis is looking old indeed.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Re: Reprendre Rebuild
   Following Kurt Baty’s comments on Reprendre, my ship rigged twenty gun corvette has returned to Port Brique’s shipyards for a partial rebuild.

   The solution I decided on was to use SNOT for the hull, and return to
studs-up for the deck. The curve is achieved using low slopes (3x3x1), standard slopes (3x2x1) and steep slopes (3x2x3).

This rebuild has given Reprendre significantly more room for’ard of the foremast... space for a couple of chasers. ;-)

Here’s some more pics since the rebuild.

The Reprendre is now docked beside the Misérable ... the old Mis is looking old indeed.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

this is a good looking ship Mr. Dulin. i havent been around for a while, so i just saw the other thread the other day. i really like how you have changed the bow, it looks sleek. another ship to look out for ;-).

do you have any plans to update the Miserable?

best, steve

Re: Reprendre Rebuild
   Following Kurt Baty’s comments on Reprendre, my ship rigged twenty gun corvette has returned to Port Brique’s shipyards for a partial rebuild.

Richie, It looks very nice overall. And I like your SNOT bow. How did you transition from SOT to SNOT, which bricks did you use?

kurt

Re: Reprendre Rebuild
   Following Kurt Baty’s comments on Reprendre, my ship rigged twenty gun corvette has returned to Port Brique’s shipyards for a partial rebuild.

Richie, It looks very nice overall. And I like your SNOT bow. How did you transition from SOT to SNOT, which bricks did you use?

Thanks. The transition is accomplished using four headlight bricks far for’ard. The SNOT section is not structural (internal supports hold the deck), so a 2 stud contact for each side was all that was needed.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

Re: Reprendre Rebuild
   Following Kurt Baty’s comments on Reprendre, my ship rigged twenty gun corvette has returned to Port Brique’s shipyards for a partial rebuild.

   The solution I decided on was to use SNOT for the hull, and return to
studs-up for the deck. The curve is achieved using low slopes (3x3x1), standard slopes (3x2x1) and steep slopes (3x2x3).

This rebuild has given Reprendre significantly more room for’ard of the foremast... space for a couple of chasers. ;-)

Here’s some more pics since the rebuild.

The Reprendre is now docked beside the Misérable ... the old Mis is looking old indeed.

Cheers

Richie Dulin

this is a good looking ship Mr. Dulin. i havent been around for a while, so i just saw the other thread the other day. i really like how you have changed the bow, it looks sleek. another ship to look out for ;-).

Thank you!

   do you have any plans to update the Miserable?

I do! I have a long list of improvements that were needed... and the matching solutions list is just about complete. There’ll be some innovative bits and pieces.

I have a couple of other vessels to take pics of first, though. (Complete, but as yet unphotographed).

Cheers

Richie Dulin