 Pirates / 4224
Re: The corvette Reprendre
Newsgroups:
lugnet.pirates
Date:
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 04:18:58 GMT

In lugnet.pirates, Richie Dulin wrote:
   Reprendre ============= The privateer Reprendre is the latest from Port Brique yards.

Inspired by some the recent work displayed on .pirates, the Reprendre represents a return to shipbuilding for me, and incorporates several improvements over my earlier large (4 centre section+) vessels: the Eponine II, the Misérable and the HMLS Intractible. The hull curve is more graceful (ala Stephen Rowe’s work) and the tops more substantial (Kurt Baty’s work). And the colour scheme is very traditional (I have yet to apply the Baty-esque electrical tape though).

Thanks for credit!

I’m happy with the outcome, and although Reprendre has used up a goodly portion of my shipbuilding supplies, there’s more being planned...

Richie, I like it a lot, but I think your bow good be better, it’s too squaresh and the stem is to thick and not far enought forward of the keel. Your top deck forward should be even with the rise of the keel (the edges of the bow piece)

Just a thought.

kurt